Warranties and Return Policies
East Coast Aviation Warranty Policy
- As East Coast Aviation is not the “manufacturer” of the products we sell, we can offer no warranties for the products sold. All warranty considerations and determinations remain solely with the manufacturer of the product.
- MOST of the manufacturers we sold/represent require all warranty claims and inquiries be handled directly between them and the purchaser of their product. East Coast Aviation is not granted the authority to make warranty/replacement decisions on their behalf.
- When asked or instructed by the manufacturer to intervene and help remedy a warranty situation, by means of a replacement for example, we are happy to provide that assistance.
- Most of our manufacturer warranty information and policies can be found on either their website, or our website, as well as packaged with the products. We will be happy to help locate any warranty policy information for you that cannot be located online.
- When items are received at East Coast Aviation for warranty consideration that should have been sent directly to the manufacturer, it is our policy to forward those items on the manufacturer on your behalf. We do the following:
o Ship item and your paperwork to the proper vendor
o Send a notice to you that the item has been forwarded to the vendor
o Give the vendor instructions to contact you directly for discussions on your item
- We appreciate the opportunity to service all our customers. It is our goal to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction that we can while supplying you with the highest quality aviation products available today.
General Return Policy
All return ship charge from the customer to us is responsible to the purchaser. After receipt and found it is covered by warranty, we will return the unit to the purchaser by our expense. In case the defect caused by customer or determined as not a failure, the related expense can be billed to the purchaser.
Our general return policy allows for the return of many products in new, un-opened condition, when returned in a timely matter. However, many products we sell are not returnable. East Coast Aviation makes every effort possible to inform customers at time of purchase that an item being purchased may be a “non-returnable” item.
Reasons a product may not be acceptable for return include, but are not limited to:
- Special Order Items
- Lost or “Broken” Traceability
- Items Sold as Non-Returnable
- Computer Based Products
- Programmed Items
- Time Sensitive Items
- Outdated Items
- Used Items
- Damaged Items
- Opened Items
This policy is to ensure that when any customer purchases an item from East Coast Aviation, they can be assured they are receiving new, un-opened product unless otherwise specified. All Installation products are fully traceable and certified.
FAA Approved Aircraft Parts:
Rules for FAA certified aircraft parts such as TSO, PMA, etc.
- Returns are only approved for items in “new” condition. Packaging must be un-opened, original and intact, containing no additional markings or broken seals.
- Returns are only approved if there were no “special terms or conditions” agreed to at time of order prohibiting a return.
- All returns require a Form 8130 issued by returning agency to validate item is new, un-used, and eligible for restocking at East Coast Aviation.
- If item is a is returned with a Form 8130 stating “New and Unused” BUT is not returned in “new” condition, a restocking fee of 30% will apply. These returned items will then be sold as “Yellow Tagged”, repackaged, and discounted at our web site.
- Used items cannot be returned.